CRIMSON NET TEAM BLANKS BRUINS 9-0

Jenkins Sparkles, Beating J. Benn in Straight Sets

Flashing some of their best form of the season, Coach Jack Barnaby's Varsity tennis tutees swamped the hitherto once-defeated brown aggregation 9 to 0 yesterday at Providence without dropping a single set.

By far the most outstanding match of the afternoon was the number one affair in which Harvardian Jim Jenkins defeated bespectacled John Benn handily 6-2, 6-1. Jenkins played practically errorless ball to conquer his highly touted opponent who is ranked second in New, England intercollegiate competition.

Captain Sonny Lyell, playing number two singles in place of exam-ridden Homer Peabody, easily defeated gigantic Henry Loeb in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3, while Russ Ellis, having ben moved up from number four, beat Bill Clark 6-0, 6-3 in the next singles contest.

Wilson, Gould, and Daniels Win

Orme Wilson, at number four, was slightly off form as he had difficulty defeating Dick Baumann 6-4, 6-4. Aubrey Gould made it 5 to 0 for the Crimson when he defeated Bob Cambell 6-3, 6-1, while Howie Ezell gave the visitors a clean sweep in the singles by winning 6-0, 6-3 over Doug Simmons.

In the doubles, Coach Barnaby shoved the regular third doubles team of Gould and Don Daniels into the number one spot. They proved equal to the occasion by defeating Loeb and Cambell in two easy sets. Ellis and Keith Symon defeated Clark and Baumann in the second doubles, while Jenkins and Ezell beat Cassidy and Bumpus in the final match of the day.