Experienced Yale Menaces Trackmen's Clean Record

Expect Close Battle In Forty-Eighth Meet

By J. ROBERT Moskin

Thirty-three Crimson track men entrain for New Haven tomorrow morning to battle a Yale aggregation virtually identical to the team which defeated Harvard by six points last spring. Whether or not the chiefly Sophomore squad can throw the more experienced Elis depends on a series of unpredictable circumstances and breaks.

A comparison of records would indicate a superior Harvard squad, undefeated in four informal meetings, over Dartmouth this season and outpointing Yale by six markers in last Saturday's Hep encounter. The Blue took the indoor contest between the two teams during the winter 56 to 35, but Dartmouth also beat the Crimson Indoors.

However the breaks fall the meeting will be close and furious. Both teams have suffered injuries recently. Yale's Senior hurdler, Dick Osborn was kept out of the Heps with a pulled ligament. Rumor, however, has it that Saturday Osborn was well enough to work out vigorously on the Yale track, and therefore his participation should not prove too startling.

Harvard has been hit much more severely as number one javelin thrower Tom Lacey is still recovering from a pulled arm and Larry Corbett, Dave Ives, and Bob Partlow have all been on the sick list in the past week. Counter-balancing these debits, hammer tossers Bob Chase and Tom White and shot putter John Shattuck have exhibited unbelievable improvement of late.

As the individual races go, Doug Pirnie has the opportunity to turn the meet by outdashing Captain Bob Owen, who took him last week in the 100; and Captain Don Donahue will meet his crisis in Osborn, if he runs.