ALUMNI BULLETIN LISTS GRADUATES NOW ON ACTIVE DUTY IN ARMY, NAVY

Men, Prominent in College, Now Counted in Service

In a feature, "Harvard in the Army and Navy," appearing in the latest issue of the Harvard Alumni Bulletin, a directory has been made up of Alumni now in active service.

Among the more recent graduates listed is Cleveland Amory '39, president of the CRIMSON while in College and recently with the Saturday Evening Post. He is now with the War Department in Washington, holding the rank of Second Lieutenant, which he earned in the ROTC. Kenneth L. Booth '39, outstanding tackle on the football team for three years, holds the rank of first Lieutenant in the Military Science Department here. Also of the same class, William L. Calfee, who was president of the Lampoon while at College, is in the same section as Amory in the War Department at Washington.

Healy at Devens

Joseph C. Donnelly '40, stellar 320 man in track, is at fort Devens, holding the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Field Artillery. Once a stalwart guard and captain of the football team, James J. Gaffney, Jr. '37 is now a First Lieutenant at Camp Edwards. Last year's miracle man Thomas H. Healy one of Harvard's best tackles and baseball pitchers in recent years, Junior PBK, and winner of the Burr Award, is now a Second Lieutenant in the Field Artillery at Fort Devens.

Another football player, Winthrop S. Jameson '39, who played end, is now serving as a Private First Class in the artillery at Camp Edwards. Robert C. Stuart, Harvard's famous little halfback, is now a Private First Class in the Infantry at Camp Edwards.

Formerly in charge of the Temporary Student Employment, Russell T. Sharpe '28 is now serving as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Coast Artillery at Camp Hulen, Texas.

Serve In Navy

While there is no way of determining where those in active service in the Navy are at present, the Alumni Bulletin has listed those ROTC graduates who are now on duty. Among these men is Elliot C. Bacon '39, catcher on the baseball team.

From the same class comes F. Austin Harding, prominent football halfback, captain of hockey, and one of the best hockey centers Harvard has had in recent years. A teammate of Harding's in football who showed prominently all season as center, was Henry E. Russell, who is also in the Navy.

An earlier graduate, captain of the football team and famous place kicker, John H. Dean '34, is among those who has reported for duty.