CRIMSON NINE SMOTHERED BY BRUINS 9 TO 4; FRED KEYES OUT

Captain Injured Wednesday Will Not See Action Today

Playing without their shortstop captain, Fred Keyes, the Varsity baseball forces were trampled on by the Brown bears yesterday afternoon to the tune of 9 to 4 at Providence. Harvard was outhit when Jake Schwede was nicked for 11 while his teammates connected eight times.

Keyes who sprained his sacro-Iliac when he was chasing a fly ball during practice Wednesday was replaced by Art Scully who had some difficulty around Keyes' spot, ending up with three miscues marked up against him. The Crimson made five other errors, and the Bruins four.

Tully Hits Well

Bill Tully, first-sacker, was credited with two of the eight Harvard hits, one of which, a three-bagger in the first frame, rang the bell for the first Crimson run. John Mussolini of Brown, however, took the batting prize for the day, with a record of four hits for four trips to the plate. Other successful Crimson bat-swingers were catcher Bob Regan, Art Scully, center-fielder Ed Buckley, third-sacker GII Whittemore, and right-fielder Bill Parsons, each of whom is credited with one hit for the afternoon.

Ace Bruin hurler Walt Juszczyk won his third Memorial victory from the Crimson, pitching fair ball to scatter the

eight Harvard hits. The Crimson looked hot at the start of the contest, scoring one in the first and two in the third to tie the Bruins, who had scored one in the first and two in the second