Boston Latin Bows to Yardling Batters 3 to 2

Heath and Deane Provide Scoring Hits For Crimson

A Texas-league double by Brooks Heath in the last of the ninth and a single by Walt Deane, broke up a tied ball game, and sent the Yardling baseball team to the showers with a 3 to 2 win over the Boston Latin School aggregation yesterday afternoon at Soldiers Field.

Playing without their first - string catcher, Paul Delahoyde, who turned his ankle while catching a fly foul in Saturday's Holy Cross game, and facing a pitcher who struck out ten men, the Freshmen chalked up six hits and took the ball game. Red Wilcox, Crimson hurler, allowed five hits and fanned four "Latins."

.750 for B. L. S. Player

Batting star of the game was Bill Kruger of B. L. S. who connected for a double and two singles in four times at the plate. Only two other men chalked up hits for Latin, while five Yardlings are credited with safe clouts. Only two of the Yardling connections materialized into runs, however. Sandy Macmillan, short-stop lead-off man led the home forces at the plate for the afternoon with two singles for three times up.

The Crimson scored in the first, the sixth, and the ninth, while the schoolboys tallied twice in the sixth. The winning Harvard run came with two out in the ninth. Heath, after reaching second on a two-bagger, stole third and went home when Deane hit his single to center.