5 Men Win Tours For South American Work

Five undergraduates have been selected for scholarships to spend the summer studying the culture of a South American country through first-hand contact with the people through the cooperation of the College and the Experiment in International Living, Dean Hanford announced yesterday.

Those who will receive the $500 stipends for the summer in Brazil, Columbia, Guatemala, Mexico, or Peru are:

E. Langdon Burwell '41 of Porterville, New York; Clayton J. Clawson '41, of Madera, California; Dwight D. Taylor, Jr. '41, of Excelsior, Minnesota; Roger A. Cunningham '42, of Kent, Ohio; Roger C. Henselman '42, of Medford, Oregon.

The students will live in selected homes in the visited country and can make friends, study the customs of the land, and practice the spoken language. Each of the undergraduates will be enabled by the scholarship to travel with one of the groups sent by the Experiment in International Living, of Putney, Vermont. This organization has sponsored student excursions to various countries of the world in the interest of international understanding.