Keith, Bunker, MacKinney Fill Council Posts

8 ADDITIONAL MEN CHOSEN FOR 1941-42

Meeting for the first time Saturday afternoon, the newly-elected and appointed 1941-42 Student Council elected Eugene Dickson Keith '42 of Leverett House and Richmond, Kentucky, to its presidency for next year.

John P. Bunker of Dunster House and West Roxbury was selected by the Council to serve as Treasurer and Loren G. MacKinney of Eliot House and Chapel Hill, North Carolina was named to the post of Secretary in the other two elections of officers.

Present at the meeting besides the nine members elected on Wednesday and Thursday were five appointed Juniors and three appointed Sophomores who complete the roster of the Council.

Members of the Class of '42 appointed are Harrison T. Blaine, out-of-House, of Hewlett, Long Island; John A. Holabird, Jr. of Lowell House and Chicago; Peter Macgowan of Adams House and West Los Angeles, California; J. Edwin Meredith, Jr. of Kirkland House and Wynnewood, Pennsylvania; and John C. Robbins, Jr. of Lowell House and Cleveland Heights.

Sophomore appointees are F. Barton Harvey, Jr. of Baltimore; John Richardson, Jr. of Winthrop House and Milton; and Dana Reed, commuter, of Belmont.

The meeting was devoted to the reports of the retiring officers, President L. Parker Marvin, Jr., Treasurer E. Langdon Burwell, and Secretary Seth C. Crocker, and to the elections.

Keith, who succeeds Marvin as President, was chairman of the 1942 Red Book, Council representative in charge of Freshman affairs (1940-41), a member of the 1940-41 Council, and chairman of the Editorial Board of the CRIMSON. He is a member of the Leverett House Committee.

The new Treasurer, Bunker, is a member of the track team and of last year's Council. He is a member of the Dunster House Committe.

MacKinney, next year's Secretary, has been a member of the Varsity football team for two years, and was a member of last year's Council. He is chairman of the Eliot House Committee.