ENGLISH ENGINEER TO SPEAK TONIGHT

Will Discuss Effects of War On British College Students

The experiences of English universities during the present war, and the remedies which they have adopted to solve war-time problems will be the subject of an informal lecture tonight by Richard V. Southwell, professor of Engineering Science and Fellow of Brasenose College, Oxford.

This topic should be of especial interest to confused University students, who will hear from Professor South well just what college students abroad have decided to do in the present emergency.

The decision as to which students should continue their college instruction and which should join the armed forces was somewhat aided in England by governmental regulations specifying the number of men in just what ago group, who were needed in each branch of the service or in defense industry.

Professor South well, who will speak at 8 o'clock in Room 110 in Pierce Hall, is now on a technical mission to the United States in his capacity as an eminent English engineer.

At present he is a Fellow of the Royal Society and of the Royal Society, and a member of the Aerodynamics Department of the National Physical Laboratory, which is largely responsible today for the excellence of British fighting planes.