FINAL FRESHMAN RALLY TOPPLES EXETER, 21 TO 12

Tarbell and Lazzaro Score for '46 Eleven

Freshman football got off to a good start last Saturday as Coach Henry Lamar's squad took a strong Exeter team into camp with a score of 21 to 12, to defeat the prep school team for the first time since 1935.

Harvard's scoring began in the first period with Paul Lazzaro carrying. The Crimson then gained another point as Charlie Tarbell, up and coming backfield ace, made the conversion.

Exeter Scores

The Exonians had the second period all to themselves, however, making two tallies to leave the Freshmen in the dust 12 to 7. Bill Peck, driving around Harvard's flank, made the first. Ernie Ransome piled through the Crimson center to score the second and turn the score in favor of Exeter. Both extra points failed.

Charlie Tarbell took over in the third period for Harvard to turn the tide, scoring both a touchdown and a point after. Exeter made a final bid when Red Meader was stopped after making a 50 yard run which advanced the ball deep into Crimson territory but failed to score.

Tarbell Scores Again

The fourth period saw one final score by the Freshman eleven as their star, Charlie Tarbell, scored for the second time, bringing the score to 20 to 12 for Harvard. He then followed his tally with another, his third conversion.

Next Saturday the Lamarmen will meet the Andover eleven at Andover. Andover was defeated by the Yale Freshman team Saturday although putting up a stiff fight. The Elis wound up on the long end of a 20 to 7 score, a record for the Crimson to emulate. The lineups: HARVARD  EXETER Atkins, le  le, Gill Chilcott, lt  lt, Thomas Dunne, lg  lg, Soars Crane, c  c, Howe Drenn, rg  rg, Hield Kovanda, rt  rt, Gormley Hill, re  re, Lovell Broderick, qb  qb, Ramage Lazzaro, lhb  lhb, Ransome Roche, rhb  rhb, Meader Tarbell, fb  fb, Owen