'46ERS VOYAGE TO WELLESLEY DANCE

200 Eager Freshmen Travel To Meet, See, Local Talent

First in a series of social activities arranged for this fall for the benefit of all Freshmen was an informal record dance held at Wellesley last Saturday night, organized by Joe Ray '46, chairman of the new Freshman Affairs Committee.

Lasting from 8 until 12 o'clock, the Freshman Wellesley get-together was attended by 150 ardent males and a handful of beauties picked for the occasion. Low-light of the evening was the time some ambitious person attacked the main switchboard and put all lights out of commission, necessitating a visit from the resident electrician before the scheduled events of the evening could continue.

The Freshman Affairs Committee, as yet not fully organized, hopes to assist '46 men to meet members of the local fair sex by scheduling a number of informal teas and receptions with Wellesley and other such institutions, depending on the approval of the Dean's office and officials of the visited colleges. Already fortunate members of the entering class have been exposed to the regular progression of teas and receptions with Wellesley and Radcliffe at the local USO for lonely Freshmen, Phillips Brooks House.