FRESHMAN BOOTERS OPEN IN GOVERNOR DUMMER CONTEST

'46 Team is Still Green; Dummer Untested this Year

At full strength for its first regularly scheduled game of the season, the Freshman soccer team opposes Governor Dummer Academy on the Business School Field today at 4 o'clock. This contest takes the place of the Worcester Academy tussle, which has been cancelled.

The Yardlings have two practice defeats on an unimpressive record for the present campaign. Both Medford High and last week's British sailors solved the '46 defense and hold the relatively inexperienced Crimson eleven to one goal in two games.

But the squad faces Dummer with the hope of providing another upset win for which Freshman elevens are noted. Goalie Bob Frye will lead the home defense while wing Bill Guild will pace the offense that Coach Macdonald has planned for the Lee, Mass. aggregation.

Today's game opens the regular season for a Yardling squad that has had but two weeks to whip into shape. But this handicap has been remedied by excellent attendance that has marked '46 workout sessions for the first two weeks of the year. The highlight of this session was the Freshman win over the Varsity in a semi-practice game.

Dummer is untested this year, but will have to put a creditable team on the field to oppose a Crimson eleven that promises to show the power it displayed against the Varsity just a week ago.