ROTC PARADES AT ARMY GAME

Army, Navy Officers March In Place of West Pointers

Thirty-four hundred officers stationed at Harvard and members of the ROTC unit will march in the parade preceding the Harvard-Army football game on October 24. They will replace the gray-clad hoards from West Point who will be absent from the annual ceremonies for the first time in 14 years.

Naval officers 2500 strong and 900 Army officers will be seated in the East Stands of the Stadium, usually occupied by the Cadets and act as the Army rooting section. Their seats extend from the 40-yard line and reach back to the goal line on the north end of the field.

Plans Incomplete

Complete plans for the ceremonies have not yet been formed, but it is understood that all officers will march in full uniform. Whether they will be permitted to wear overcoats has not been disclosed, according to William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics.

The position of the ROTC Cadests, who will be marching in the parade is particularly vague. What they will do if they have dates, and what they will do if they have to go without overcoats is still undecided.

The program is under the direction of Bingham, who made the arrangements for the substitution when the Cadets from the Point were unable to make the trip. Transportation difficulties necessitated the abandonment of the usual ceremonies.