FLYERS HEAR LT. GRAALMAN

Cadets Learn Military Law; Will Graduate October 24

First Lt. Walter Graalman, Air Corps, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate of the Headquarters, let District, Army Air Forces Technical Training Command, under which district the Statistical School at Harvard operators, is on temporary duty in Boston this week and next, instructing local Air Force officer candidate students in military law.

Lt. Graalman taught at Baker 100 several hours on Wednesday and will carry on here again within the next few days. In the meantime, the Lieutenant is also engaged in presenting the same type of instruction tot he Air Force students at the Meteoralogical School at M.I.T.

Started School Last June

The AAF Statistical School at Mellon Hall, in the Business School, was originally established in June this year as an exempted station under the jurisdiction of Hq. 1st District, AAFTTC, at Greensboro, N. C.

This week the officers and permanent cadre (eight enlisted men) of the Statistical School's detachment office were transferred to the Headquarters of New York AAF Civilian School Area, Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment Technical Training Command, Roosevelt Field, Mineola, Long Island, N. Y.

Graduation October 24

The current class of the Statistical School will hold its graduation exercises in Baker Library at approximately 1300 (1 p.m. for the uninitiated) on October 24.

It is expected that Colonel Merlin I. Carter and Major John A. Langley from the New York Headquarters, under which the Statistical School operates, will take part in the ceremonies.

The tentative plan to date is that after graduation the newly commissioned Statistical Officers will attend the Harvard-Army game.