Handford Nominated as Stockholder of Coop

Checks Ready for Students Who Were Members in '41

Dean Hanford was nominated as a stockholder of the Harvard Cooperative Society for a five-year period yesterday, as the Square emporium declared that its dividend this year will be at the rate of 10 percent of charge purchases and 12 percent on cash purchases.

Dividend checks have been ready since yesterday at the Coop for students who hold membership tickets for the year 1941-42.

Nominations for the various officers of the society follow:

For Stockholders for five-years (through the stated October meeting of 1947) A. Chester Hanford, Dean of the College, and Harold E. Lobdell, Dean of M.I.T.

For officers, for one year; president, Henry S. Thompson; vice president, Austin W. Scott; clerk (secretary) Walter Humphreys; treasurer, Horace S. Ford.

For other directors, for one year for Harvard at large, Dean Leighton '17 and Professor Elliot Perkins '23; for M.I.T. at large, Ralph E. Freeman and Carroll L. Wilson; from officers at Harvard, Business School Dean David; from alumni of Harvard, Professor Kenneth E. Murdock '16; from students of M.I.T., William R. Thurston; from Harvard College, John Richardson, Jr. '43, George A. Saxton, Jr. '44, and Francis Parkman, Jr. '45.