Students to Move Tables, Sweep For Fall House Dances

Interhouse Committee Plan Rescues Threatened Parties

Difficulties which for a time threatened cancellation of all House dances have been resolved by a decision to have students, clear tables from dining halls and replace them after dances are over.

Lack of manpower to do the moving, coupled with the increased number of tables and decrease in storage space, were called to the attention of the interhouse Dance Committee by the University, and a meeting was held this week to see if the dances could be saved. Under the new plan, dance committees will see that tables are removed immediately after supper, and will sweep the floors and replace tables after the festivities.

Sunday Breakfasts Later

Sunday morning-after breakfasts will be half an hour later in order to give regular waitresses time to set the tables, which are usually made ready the evening before.

The House Masters have approved the action, as has C. T. Tucker, manager of dining halls. Under the new system, the program of fall football dances will be adhered to as scheduled.

Meanwhile Lowell House has devised a plan to take care of the anticipated rush at Saturday evening meals, when many men will probably bring dates. A timetable provides that stags only will be accommodated from opening time until 6 o'clock, after which only men with guests will be admitted. The dining hall will be closed at 6:30 o'clock. This plan may be adopted by the other houses, which are considering it now.