FORTE REJOINS 'A' TEAM IN CRIMSON SCRIMMAGE

Anderson in Uniform For Light Workout

By Melvin J. Kessel

Captain Don Forte was at right end in yesterday afternoon's 35-minute scrimmage, his first real action workout since suffering the ankle injury that has kept him on the sidelines since early in September.

Late in the afternoon, Swede Anderson, whose loss was keenly felt in the Army game, trotted out on the field. Although only an observer during the scrimmage, the blond blocking back joined the A team in a snappy signal drill. Chances of his starting Saturday look better now but are still uncertain.

Dudley Tried as Back

Feeling that his right end spot is now stocked up well enough for a long, hard winter with Forte, Garland, and Cummings on hand, Coach Dick Harlow decided to give Freshman end Dana Dudley a chance at the undermanned blocking back spot.

Dudley scrimmaged from that position with the A team, while Hank Goethais took over in the B team backfield.

Graf Imitates Perina

With Jack Graf all-American fullback at Ohio State last year and now at the Business School, impersonating Princeton's triple-threat back Bob Perina, the Varsity got a workout against Tiger plays. In the passing drill that followed, Jack Comerford and Leo Flynn stood out with some accurate heaves to Pete Garland and Cleo O'Donnell.

Gordy Lyle, Paul Perkins, and Bill Wilson were ripping off several long gains during scrimmage that gave in dictations of an improved Crimson running attack. Dick Kleiman moved from right guard to right tackle in the B team line that opposed them and Both Fisher, eldest of the three brothers on the Varsity squad was promoted to the tackle spot on the basis of his improved play