JENKINS WINS WAY TO TENNIS FINALS

Daniels Defeated in Close Battle by Varsity Captain

In a hard-fought, uphill contest, Varsity tennis captain Jim Jenkis over came a one set, 3-1 lead yesterday afternoon to defeat Don Daniels and reach the final round of the University Tennis Tournament.

After losing his two game lead and the second set 6-4, Daniels rallied from a 5-1 deficit in the third set and almost deuced the match. But Jenkins finally won out 6-4.

Two quarter-final matches were also played. Bob Freeman, seeded number one, was too finished a product and had too much variety for Freshman Jack Lynch, who succumbed 6-4, 6-2.

In the other quarter, '46 star Mail Moley vanquished Varsity player Hugh Hyde, who is running cross country this fall, by the scores of 6-2, 6-2. Moley attacked Hyde's back-hand and rushed the net with success, but when Hyde tried the same tactics he missed too many shots to make it profitable.

Freedman and Moley are schedule to meet today with the winner to play Jenkins as soon as possible, before the cold weather gets any colder.

Dick Sorlien reached the finals of the Red Cross Tournament, started this summer, by defeating John Burton in a long three set match. Although a little battered by House football, Sorlien won out 7-5, 1-6, 6-4.

He will play Moley, who advanced to the finals with the straight set victory over John Zinsser.