1200 Gather at Union For Second Pep Rally

Harlow Reminds Audience Of '37 Upset by Crimson

Before 1200 enthusiastic undergraduates at last night's pre-game rally, Coach Dick Harlow not only solicited sideline support but injected a shot of confidence in his underdog eleven by reminding them that their pigskin predecessors in 1937 ran the high-riding Princeton Tiger into the dirt with a savagery that made them forget they were supposed to lose.

In reminiscing, Harlow observed:

"The outstanding compliment of my coaching career came out in New York news print the morning after my underdog squad trounced Princeton 34 to 6 in '37, when one sports writer commented on the way 'the Harvard backs sped to victory behind blocking that was absolutely savage.'"

Withington Foresees Trouble

Lothrop Withington, former Crimson lineman and assistant coach under Percy Haughton, predicted a troublesome afternoon on the gridiron, but encouraged the team to come through like warriors that won't be beaten.

Captain Don Forte promised the spirited student gathering before the Varsity Club that Princeton will be in for a grim football fight, while Slammin' Stan Durwood advocated plenty of pep in the stands just to keep his cohorts in the line setting up big openings for the Harlow backs to romp through.

Little Cleo O'Donnell would not be so outspoken as his side-kick Durwood, who came out with a strong victory statement.