Crimson Booters Face Powerful Tiger Team

Squad Will Start at Full Strength Today

Facing the toughest type of opposition for the third consecutive week, the Varsity soccer team opposes the Princeton booters at 12 o'clock on the Business School Field, while the '46 booters face Exeter starting at 1 o'clock. The Crimson eleven goes into today's match with wins over Tufts and Clark, a tie with Army and a heartbreaking loss to Spring-field behind them, and the prospect of resuming winning ways directly in front of them.

For this week, for only the second time this year, the entire squad will be at full strength for the contest. The return of Bud Killan to a halfback slot last week, plus Fenton Taylor's debut at fullback provided much of the defensive power which fought Army to a standstill last week.

But the problem will be just as tough this week. The Crimson are eager for revenge, revenge for a 2-1 beating last-year that took place in a "sudden death" overtime period. And the Nassau forward line has the power to provide the Varsity with another very busy afternoon. Center half Bud Palmer, though, not on this line, has contributed much to the Princeton attack, which is reputed to be one of the fastest in the country.

In addition, inside forwards Phil Perris and Bill Sloane have played consistently outstanding soccer throughout the opening stages of the present season. But big gun of the Nassau attack will be center forward Ward Chamberlain, who tallied both goals in last year's win and has again been the standout of the Orange eleven during the present campaign.

The Crimson look to shot-specialist Thayer Drake and All New England halfback Dick Gifford for much of the strength necessary to top an unusually strong outfit of orange-clad booters.

Following the Varsity onto the Busy School field the Freshman soccer team will play Phillips Exeter Academy at 1 o'clock.