GLEE CLUB TO SING ON YALE GAME EVE

Joint Concert May Be Last Performance by Eli Singers

Joining in their traditional pre-game performance, the Harvard and Yale Glee Clubs will give their annual concert in New Haven on the eve of the Crimson Eli gridiron clash.

In what will probably be the last Yale concert for the duration, some 125 members of the two singing groups will perform at 8:30 o'clock Friday night in Woolsey Hall.

Led by Marshall Bartholomew, the Yale singers will open the program with a "double-yodel rendition" of "Switzer Boy." Other outstanding songs to be presented by the Eli Glee Club are "I Don't Belong To You" and "Rosemary," both arranged by the Yale conductor, and a medley of songs of the military services.

Woodworth Conducts

Under the hand of G. Wallace Woodworth '24, the Harvard Glee Club will fill out the program by singing first three choruses from Mozart's Masonic Music and selections from Gilbert and Sullivan's Iolanthe. Among the folk songs to be presented by the Glee Club will be a unique rendition of "Casey Jones" arranged by Edward B. Lawton '34. The "Prayer of Thanksgiving" will be presented as a grand finale by the two groups.

Inasmuch as both the Yale and Princeton Glee Clubs are planning to discontinue their activities for the duration of the war, the Harvard singers will be the only group remaining among the Big Three to carry on formal collegiate singing.