BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL REJUVENATE EXECUTIVES

Adaptation to War Is Aim of Classes

Retraining of business executives between the ages of 35 and 60 to take an active part in the war effort will be the object of a special new courses opening at the Harvard Business School February 1, University authorities announced today. Tuition free, the course will be sponsored by the United States Office of Education as a part of its Engineering, Science, and Management War Training program.

The first session of the course will be limited to 150 men, carefully selected after an interview on the basis of qualifications shown in their business experience or training with work in wartime production to adjust themselves to some job in a field useful to war.

Chairman of the War Manpower Commission, Paul V. McNutt, expressed his approval of the program in a letter to President Conant. "I wish to express the approval of the War Manpower Commission of this project. I am gratified that the University is prepared to render this valuable service to war industry. The need for training in business and industrial management to serve the expanding was effort in critical."

Men who are enrolled in the new retraining course will study at the Business School under the regular Faculty. It is expected that many of the men will be housed and take their meals at the Business School buildings. The government will pay for all tuition charges, but the living costs and the charge for textbooks will be the responsibility of the individual student. The schedule of instruction and supervised study will take up a 40 hour period each week.