LEVERETT EDGES PIERSON FOR INTRA-MURAL TITLE

Yale Colleges Beat Three House Teams

Making a field goal from approximately the same angle that Bob Fisher did in the Varsity game, Ted Brooks supplied the scoring punch for Leverett as the Bunnies defeated Pierson College to win the Harvard-Yale intra-college crown. The other three Crimson House teams which played at New Haven lost to the Elis by convincing scores, however.

A pass from Frank Gillis which Danny Garelick caught on the three-yard line put the ball into scoring position in the second quarter when Leverett made their three points. After tries through the line and air failed, Brooks, who hasn't missed a point-after-touchdown for the Bunnies although he started playing fairly late in the season, came in and booted the ball well over the crossbar but barely inside the right-hand post.

Bunny Backfield Stars

The whole Leverett backfield of Gillis, Jayson, Hurley, and Hardin, and especially Al Aldrich and Walt Parson's in the line, played sterling games as the Bunnies kept Pierson back on their heels for the whole game.

Adams lost to Saybrook 12-0 when the Yale team scored twice on recoveries of blocked kicks. The Gold Coast "Cully" Culliton to "Chub" Peabody passing combination was good for several sporadic gains but the closest Adams got to a touchdown was the Saybrook 20-yard line.

Dunster Loses 18-0

Berkeley's heavy team capitalized on a large number of Dunster miscues to beat the Funsters 18-0. Sosman and Lyne led the Dunster passing attack when the Berkeley defense proved too strong, but costly mistakes stalled the attack every time it got going.

Against Jonathan Edwards, Eliot's attack, handicapped by the absence of all-House halfback Dick Chenoweth, was completely stopped despite the efforts of Dick Coe. The Yale team ran up 19 points to win handily, 19-0.

Scheduled to play Trumbull Saturday morning, Lowell was disappointed because of official opposition to a Saturday game for various reasons. The Adams touch football champions lost to their Yale opponents 36-30.