PURITAN ELEVEN DEFEATS B. C. INTRAMURAL TEAM

Long Pass to Hafner Results in 6-0 Win

Harvard and Boston College finally met on the gridiron with the Crimson, ably represented by the Winthrop House football team, triumphing 6 to 0 over an intramural team from B. C. yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field.

After threatening to hit the mark all afternoon, Al Jackson, Puritan back, finally connected in the third quarter with a 20 yard touchdown pass to end Hal Hafner who ran the remaining ten yards to the goal.

Moore's Score Called Back

A Winthrop score in the first quarter on a brilliant 60-yard run by speedy wingback Joe Moore, was called back by the referee. He claimed that during the course of Moore's long broken-field run he had stepped outside the indistinctly marked sideline on the B. C. 35-yard line.

The big players from Brookline made their only serious threat in the last few minutes of the game. At the final gun they had worked their way down to the Winthrop 6.

Missing from the Winthrop lineup was fullback Ralph Davenport. He injured his shoulder in Winthrop's lone loss of the season last week to Adams and is rumored to have had it still further damaged in the pandemonium after the Princeton game that was loosed in the formerly safe stands.

Dunster's football team may take on a B. C. team some time this month, but no definite date has been set yet.

In the games scheduled for this afternoon, Dudley will be trying for its second victory against, winless Lowell. And Adams may have trouble with a rapidly improving Eliot team that carries the threat of Dick Chenoweth's accurate passes. HOUSE FOOTBALL STANDINGS   Wins  Losses  Ties  Pts. Leverett  3  0  1  7 Winthrop  3  1  0  6 Adams  2  1  1  5 Dunster  1  0  3  5 Eliot  2  2  0  4 Kirkland  1  2  1  3 Dudley  1  3  0  2 Lowell  0  4  0  0