College to Continue Present Twelve Month Curriculum

Admission Standards Will Not be Lowered

Maintaining the usual admission requirement of a high school diploma or its equivalent, the College will continue its accelerated year-round program and will admit a regular Freshman class this June, it was announced yesterday by Paul H. Buck, dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

Details of the plan will be dependent on the facilities available after any demands which the Army and Navy make for special training.

At the same time, it was disclosed that the National Scholarship program had been discontinued for the ensuing year, due to uncertainties resulting from the 18-19 year draft. This action, however, does not affect scholarship holders now in College.

Program Not Definite

Released in order to clarify the situation for secondary schools preparing for Harvard and for prospective students, the program is still subject to change with the development of Army and Navy plans or revisions in the policy of the Government.

No statement was available here as to how many applicants for the Class were expected. Princeton, however, predicted last week that as many students would enter in June 1943 as did last spring, and Yale disclosed the same day that it would retain facilities for at least 2700 students.

Together with the maintenance of the admission requirement of a high school education, Dean Buck announced that the one-day College Entrance Board General Aptitude and Scholastic Achievement test would be used as a basis for entrance to the College, as was the case last year.

In addition, he disclosed that to take the place of the present National Scholarship program a "substantial amount of scholarship money will be available."