SEVEN APPOINTED TO '46 COMMITTEE

New Group will Direct All Freshman Social Activities

Representing Freshmen residing in the Yard, seven new men have been chosen to the Freshman Affairs Committee by the Student Council, it was announced last night. This committee, composed in all of 15 students, will take charge of all social activities for the Class of '46.

Those chosen to fill out the Freshman board were: D. J. Blake of Weld Hall, D. C. Williams of Wigglesworth, L. Creshkoff of Grays, P. L. Miller of Weld, F. W. Flickinger of Weld, G. G. Sellens of Claverly, and F. H. Powell of Farlow House.

Replaced Union Committee

The new Freshman board succeeds the old Union Committee, social organizer for the entering class in normal times which was abandoned when the Navy took over the Union as a dining hall for its student officers in the Yard.

During the past summer the nucleus of the Freshman Committee handled the Freshman dinners given by each House to help orientate the scattered new class, and also scheduled a dance at Harvard and several get-togethers with Radcliffe and Wellesley.

The basis for the selection of the seven new members was a report on the various nominees from their Yard proctors.