Trackmen to Open Season With Tufts Meet Tomorrow

Twelve Events to be Held in Briggs Cage

The season will officially open for the track team at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon when Jaakko Mikkola's runners meet the Tufts squad in an informal meet at Briggs Cage. Although no scores will be taken or times released, the event should offer a good preview of the team's prospects during the coming winter. Tomorrow's meet will see the trackmen competing in 12 events, although Tufts will not enter two of the contests.

Leading the Varsity in the 40 yard hurdle event will be Captain Don MacKinnon, winner of a similar hurdle run at an invitation meet in Buffalo last summer. Wes Flint, who won two races against Yale last year, will run beside MacKinnon tomorrow.

The 40 yard dash event in Briggs Cage will see the Varsity minus all of their last year's sprinters, as well as Frank Coolidge, who is leaving to join the Service next February. Fred Carr, a runner on the '45 Freshman team, is slated to run for the Mikkolamen in the 40 yard sprint.

Ted Withington, captain of the Freshman team last season, and Jim Wheeler, a Yardling, will take part in the mile relay, while Bill Palson, cross country captain-elect, Jim Foley, and Bob Kent each run six laps in the two mile relay. Tim Coggeshall will represent the Varsity in the two mile run.

In the field events Jack and Bill Fisher, both gridmen on this fall's football team, are expected to turn in good distances in the hammer throw tomorrow afternoon. Pete Garland, winner of four events in the Freshman meet with Yale last year, and Wally Flynn will match the Tufts high jumpers.