REGULATIONS ON VACATION CUTS RELEASED

Hanford Warns Men Not on Dean's List to Attend Class

All Freshmen, including dropped Freshmen, and all Sophomores in good standing, but not on Dean's List will be required to attend their last College exercise before and their first College exercise after the Christmas vacation, Dean Hanford warned last night in his annual announcement on attendance and cutting before and after vacations.

A member of the Freshman or Sophomore Class who is not on Dean's List and who extends his Christmas holidays will be placed on probation for a period of time to be determined by the Administrative Board.

Juniors, Seniors-No pro

Members of the Junior and Senior Classes not on Dean's List are expected to attend their last exercises this week and their first in the new year, but a member of these classes who is in good standing will not necessarily be put on probation "although such cuts will weigh heavily against him if his record should subsequently become unsatisfactory in any respect, either as to grades or attendance."

Regulations concerning the two upper classes differ from those concerning Freshman and Sophomores since Juniors and Seniors are engaged in more advanced work and tutorial. Many of them are preparing for General Examinations in January.

Probationers Must Register

By a vote of the Administrative Board all upperclassmen on probation must register at the Dean's Office on the day of their last class meeting before and on their first after the Christmas recess.

Under regulations of the Faculty, every undergraduate is expected to be in residence during the reading period from January 4 to 16. Except for mid-year graduates, the physical exercise program will continue as usual.

A special appeal was voiced by Dean Hanford to Juniors and Seniors, and men on the Dean's List not "to abuse the rather liberal system of attendance at the time of the Christmas recess. Especially for men fearing draft before midyears, attendance is urged for the attainment of a cumulative grade to the time of their departure.