Christmas Service To Be Held Today

Harvard, Radcliffe Choirs Will Sing at Annual Event

Annual Christmas services will be held today at 8:15 o'clock, and tomorrow at 4:30 and 8:15 o'clock in Memorial Church; a program of Christmas carols will be given by the University Choir and the Choral Society of Radcliffe. Willard L. Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School will conduct the services.

Tonight's service will be open only to persons connected with the University and with Radcliffe; at both of the services tomorrow the doors will be thrown open to the public. Both days an offering will be taken for the benefit of the Cambridge Visiting Nurses' association.

Choral Program

Leading the choir will be G. Wallace Woodworth '24, associate professor of Music. First selection offered will be a chorale "Vom Himmel hoch da komm ich her" by Bach, followed by two English carols "Christ is born of maiden fair" and "the First Noel." Three more carols "Good King Wenceslas," "A Dream of Christmas," and "The Three Kings" will be sung.

Completing the program of carols will be "Alleluia" and "On Christmas Night." Then Bach's famed chorale with violin obligate "My Soul There Is a Country" will be presented. The organ postlude, played by Woodworth, will be the "Hallelujah Chorus" from Handel's "Messiah."