COLLEGE COLL TO '47 ENTRY THIS WINTER

But Small Group to Enter In February Gummere

Although the College will not recommend entrance in February before the student has finished his preparatory school work, there will be a group of unknown size entering as the class of '47 this winter, Richard M. Gummere '07, chairman of the Committee on Admission, stated yesterday.

This group will contain students of three classifications Gummere said. The first will be those who graduated from preparatory school last June, but for one reason or another could not enter in the summer or fall.

Another group is expected to come from the schools which are now carrying on an accelerated program, graduating their seniors in January. The third set of applicants will be those students who have been recommended by their headmasters, even though they will not be ready to graduate this winter.

Advised to Stay

It is the third group that the Committee on Admissions advises to stay in school. According to this statement, "the policy of Harvard is to recommend that the student complete his regular school course, with all the valuable by-products of a thorough preparation." Nevertheless some students will enter if their school recommends them.

For the benefit of the last two incoming groups there will be a fourth set of Aptitude and achievement tests such as the present Freshmen took. These examinations will be given January 9, lasting through the whole day.

Another new feature of the admissions system for '47 will be the credit given for new technical courses such as preflight aeronautics, Navigation, and Radio. Although not counted for courses this type of work will be given consideration in the acceptance of the preparatory school student.