Keene Plays with Wrist in Cast; Fansler Goes Foward

Team Practices on Poor Foul Shooting

Despite 2 broken wrists that he incurred in a mix-up under the basket in scrimmage two weeks ago, Mike Keene, center and captain of the '45 basketball team, has showed up for practice with his wrist solidly ensconced in a plaster cast.

And surprisingly enough, when Coach Earl Brown gave him a chance to show what he could do, Keene displayed enough prowess on one-handed shots with his good right hand to give him a possible chance of playing in the game with M.I.T. tomorrow night. The cast won't be off until February, but that doesn't seem to be keeping Mike down. For Brown has said that he is "almost shooting better now than he did in spring practice."

Fansier Moved to Forward

Freshman Mike Fansler has been moved to forward from the guard position he held down quite capably against Boston Coast Guard last Saturday night. After trying Hugh Hyde out at forward for a while, Brown decided he would be better at guard. And since Fansler has had experience at both forward and guard, the change won't affect him too much.

The red-haired, six foot one inch Freshman brought a very impressive record with him from Logansport, Indians, where he starred last year. He was chosen on an all-Indiana squad of ten, no mean honor in the basketball-mad Middle West. This team was scheduled to play an all-Kentucky team around the first of September, but Fansler couldn't participate because he was at Summer School here.

Foul Shooting Stressed

After the Crimson's poor record of sinking only six out of 14 free throws in the exhibition game Saturday, Brown has been giving the squad a lot of work in this department. One man who should do well at this is Dean Hennessey, who last year made about ten straight free throws for the Freshman team.

A dogged three-way fight has developed for the second forward spot between Hennessey, Frank Bixler, and Tom Axon. And Brown is not yet certain of his starting choice for tomorrow night.