REINHARDT VISITS HDC-IDLER SHOW

Max Reinhardt, dean of modern producers, at Harvard to attend the Dramatic Club's success, "Mashenke," revealed that he is at work on a new production to be called "Labor to the Winds," in an exclusive interview with the CRIMSON last night. The proposed show, authored by the young leftist writer, Irwin Shaw, will shortly be in rehearsal, and is to be cast within the next month.

In his new play, Reinhardt plans to use sets designed by the leading American stage designer, Norman Bel Geddes, who created the settings for the New York World's Fair gigantic "Futursms." and for such stage shows as "Dead End," and Reinhardt's "Eternal Road."

The Reinhardt-Shaw-Bel Geddes combination brings together the top men in contemporary dramatic circles. The producer of the "Miracle" has teamed with the designer in the past, but the collaboration with Shaw is something new, and is expected to give birth to one of the outstanding plays in the '42' 43 season.

Commenting favorably on "Mashenka," the HDC play, Reinhardt stated that the competent production of Russian works would do a great deal in furthering American-Russian cultural relations. The play, recently translated from the original tongue, is a modern Soviet work.