Wrestlers will Face M.I.T. In Initial Meet Tomorrow

Sosman and Durwood Strong in Unlimited

By Joel M. Kane

A well balanced sqaud of grapplers is se to fce M. I. T. in the opening wrestling meet of the current season tomorrow afternoon in the Indoor Athletic Building. Coach Jay Shaffran, with one of the largest turnouts in recent years to work with, has built up a team that is at least two-deep in every spot from the 121-pounders to the heavyweights.

Captain Lee Sosman, returning letterman from last year's outfit, is scheduled to wrestly against Tech in the unlimited weight class. Sosman and foot bailer Stan Durwood combine to make the heavyweight division an unusually potent one.

Freshman Pete Fuller, star of last year's Milton academy squad, will fill the 175-pound slot, and Sophomore Dick Albion, another Milton product, will fight in the 165-pound class. Although practice has been going on for only a week. Coach Shaffra is confident that hoth of these grapplers will give a good account of themselves in tomorrow's encounter.

Walt Parsons, at 155 pounds, and Frank Tyng, at 145, are another pair of Freshmen who are slated to start off the season ahead of a number of more experienced members of the squad. Veteran Ted Guild returns to fight in the 136-pound position, and appears even stronger than he was at the close of last year's season. C. F. Hoffman will contest the 128-pound division, while the 121-pound representative will be chosen on the basis of final try-outs today.

Tomorrow's bouts are scheduled to begin at 2 o'clock on the top floor of the Indoor Athletic Building.