CO-EDITORS OF '46 RED BOOK ARE SELECTED

Book Hit by Photo Laxness To be Published January 25

Naming Freshmen Edric Weld and Donald Trautman as co-editors, George A. Saxton 44, Student Council Advisor for Freshman Affairs, announced last night the formation of a final Red Book Board, chosen as a result of competitions held in the summer and fall.

At the same time Saxton revealed that the Red Book will be delivered by January 25, and will be a combination Register and Red Book including Freshman sports, social and extra-curricular activities, and as much of a history of the class as the publication date will allow.

Zlegler Named Chairman

In the administrative shuffle, William Ziegler was named as chairman of a board which includes Stephen Ives and William Bayliss as assistant business manager and circulation manager respectively. According to Saxton, one of these two men will be named business manager to fill the post vacated by Trautman in the realignment.

Also chosen for posts on the Red Book board were Donald Tocher as treasurer, Eli Surat as Editorial Chairman, John Munroe as Sports Editor, and Edwin Zolik as Photo Chairman. The new board has already taken over, according to Saxton.

Photographic Failure Blamed

Failure of the Red Book to appear late in November as originally scheduled was laid to five reasons by Saxten last night. Prime reason for the delayed delivery date has been the failure of a large part of the Freshman Class to appear for photographs in spite of two opportunities.

The accelerated program under which the board has been working since its inception last summer, plus the division of the Class of '46 into two ununified sections have also contributed to the difficulties of the Red Book board, according to Saxton.