LOWELL HOOPSTERS WIN FROM BUNNIES

Bellboys Lead in League As Adams Noses Out Kirkland

In crucial inter-House basketball games yesterday, Lowell beat Leverett 24 to 18, taking the lead in the league, and Kirkland lost to Adams 23 to 25, losing all possible chance of taking the intramural title. In other games, Dunster swamped Dudley 40 to 12 and Winthrop downed Eliot 20 to 13.

Closest game of the afternoon was the Kirkland-Adams fray. Although the Deacons led eight to nothing at the half, the Gold Coasters overcame this disadvantage and tied the game up 21 all when the final whistle blew. The game was still deadlocked after the first extra period, each team having made one basket. But Ramer Holtan of Adams broke up the game in the "death" period by scoring a goal.

The Lowell-Leverett was a harder struggle than the score indicates. At the half, the Bellboy hoopsters led by only one point, 15 to 14, and it was a tough contest all the way to the end. Johnny Penson's 11 points were a deciding factor in the battle.

With ten wins and two losses, Lowell and Leverett had been tied for the lead, and Kirkland, only one game behind, was hot on their trail. Now, however, Lowell is assured of at least a tie for the crown, even if it loses the last game of the season to Kirkland.

Winston Lucke's ten goals were the main aspect of the rout of the Ramblers by the Funsters. In the Winthrop-Eliot game Al Sachs nad Kay Rogers for the Puritans were the best players, although no one man made high tallies. HOUSE BASKETBALL STANDINGS Team  Won  Lost  Pct. Lowell  11  2  .846 Leverett  10  3  .769 Kirkland  9  4  .676 Adams  9  4  .676 Winthrop  8  5  .615 Dunster  3  10  .230 Dudley  1  12  .076 Eliot  1  12  .076