MECHEM STARS IN '45 HOCKEY WIN

Sextet Keeps Record Clean In Defeat of Rindge Squad

Stretching their string of victories to nine straight, the '45 skaters defeated Rindge Tech, 3-1, at the Skating Club of Boston last night. Coach John Chase's sextet counted once in the first period and twice in the closing canto to keep their undefeated record clear.

The Crimson pucksters jumped to an early lead when Hamlen, second line wing, rammed one into the net at 4:20 of the first period. Rindge countered with a marker by Benoit in 9:15 of the same period.

Crimson Defense Strong

The second period was scoreless, largely due to the brilliant defensive efforts of the Yardling defensemen Mechem and Wood, who checked all scoring efforts before they neared the Crimson goal.

Mechem opened the closing period by snaring the puck at the Yardling's blue line, and soloing to a score at 1:32 of this division. Harding added the Freshmen's last marker, denting the twines with little more than two minutes remaining in the contest.

Captain Mechem led the '45 aggregation with a brilliant display of defensive skating, made even brighter by the solo scoring dash resulting in the Yardling's second goal. An opening line of Canadlens, Verrier, Beniot, and Gagnon, led the Rindge squad in their unsuccessful attempt to break the victor's victory streak.