7 MEN ADDED TO RANKS OF CLASS OF 1945

Freshmen Who Begin Today Were Admitted Last June

Seven Freshmen will be added to the Class of 1945 this morning under the flexible wartime three-term schedule. Although students previously have begun their Harvard studies at mid-years, this is the first time any such general admitting has been allowed.

The Administration emphasized that these new Yardlings are all students who received their certificates of admission last June with the bulk of their class, but for various reasons were unable to attend College in September. No effort has been made to enroll additional students since last spring, but any student holding a certificate and desiring February admission has been allowed to enter.

In past years, the requirement that Freshmen carry four courses and the fact that most subjects open to first year men extend throughout the year combined to make mid-year admission difficult. Under the stress of war, however, Freshmen can work out programs now and continue their studies in the summer session.

War Delays Three

Of the seven new students three were prevented from reaching Harvard by the world conflict. One Freshman comes from China, another from the Dutch East Indies, and a third arrived from Humania England and South America. The other four were delayed by such necessities as defense jobs.

Commencing their work today, all seven will be housed in the Freshman dormitories in the Yard.

The Class of 1946 will probably enter in three shifts, in June, September, and February 1943. Although details have yet to be worked out, Freshmen entering next February will form a more formidable portion of the entering Yardling class.