WARDENS TO GET INSIGNIA

First Aid Requirement Cut For Shortage of Facilities

Beginning tomorrow official federal insignia will be given out to all members of the Harvard ARP who have completed an air raid warden course, according to an announcement made yesterday by Henry Chauncey, as Assistant Dean of Harvard College and Chief Inspector of Harvard's ARP organization.

The requirement of a first aid course has been temporarily waived by Cambridge Chief Warden, Major Ralph W. Robart, because of a lack of Red Cross training facilities. Eventually, however, first aid courses will be required for a warden's certificate.

Wardens Distribute

ARP personnel will go to the warden of their precinct to get their certificates. Chief Warden for Precinct A is Professor Alden B. Dawson; for Precinct, B. Dean Delmar Leighton; and for Precinct C, Professor Leigh Hoadley.

The present supply is limited but all wardens will eventually get armbands and lapel insignia as soon as the city of Cambridge can supply them. All insignia are the property of Cambridge and must be eventually return to the city. Only that part of the University situated in Cambridge will be allowed to draw armbands.