STUDENTS TO TAKE DINING HALL POLL

Ballots Will Be Distributed in Houses, Union Tomorrow; Results to be Published Saturday

By Joel M. Kane

What sort of food plant for the House Dining Halls do undergraduates prefer? What don't they like about the new system, and what changes would they prefer?

These and other questions will form the subject-matter of the Crimson's food poll, to be held tomorrow. Ballots will be distributed in all the House Dining Halls and the Freshman Union at lunch and supper.

Arising as a result of the controversy stirred up by the recent change in the board plan, the poll will attempt to meet an often-expressed desire for a concrete expression of what students themselves think about what and how they eat, and how they pay for it.

Although the poll is in no way official, both the Dining Hall management and the Student Council have expressed their interest in the results of the balloting as a guide to possible future changes in the board arrangements.

Aldrich Durant, Business Manager of the University, has emphasized that the present system of a flat-rate of $8.50 weekly, with no seconds of substitutions, is merely an experiment, and that some alteration in the setup is contemplated soon. Consequently, it is urged that all students vote, and that they express themselves as accurately as possible.

Milk Seconds Possible

Durant also pointed out the likelihood that seconds of milk and possibly ice cream may shortly be permitted at the present rate. Additional changes will probably mean some change in the rate he added.

The poll will attempt to discover whether students favor a lowered board rate with limitations on quantity to a system of wider substitution with a higher weekly rate to be paid. Questions as to preferences in the type of substitution will also be asked.

Results of the poll will be tabulated and announced in the CRIMSON on Saturday.