YARDLING SEXTET WILL OPPOSE B. U.

Hockey Team Seeks 12th Win Over Weak Terriers

Their victory string finally broken by the 2-2 deadlock at Dartmouth Saturday, the high-flying '45 Hockey team faces the Boston University aggregation at the Skating Club of Boston at 7 o'clock tonight. The icers will be seeking their twelfth win of a campaign that is marred only by last weekend's tie.

Coach John Chase plans to use his regular first line of Stan Collinson and Ned Harding at the wings and Tommy Ayres at the center spot. The first six is completed by Orin Wood and Captain Dick Mechem at the defense slots, and Gus Summers in the goalie's pads.

The B. U. team has a mediocre record to date, winning twice and having an equal number of contests marked in the defeat column. Outstanding in the squad are center and Captain Talbot and the other members of the opposing first line, Gilson and Stone.

The Yardling icers are eager to resume their brilliant victory march at the hands of the Terrier sextet. Led by Captain Dick Mechem, whose defensive work has been matched only by his offensive brilliance, the Freshman have rolled over the best of the prep leagues and the Princeton Freshman squad.

The other members of the Crimson sextet, especially high-scoring Tommy Ayres have contributed to the eleven wins that have been racked up. Frequently hampered by injuries, the Yardlings are in top physical shaoe for their local encounter today.

This evening's fray will be marked with an individual duel between the opposing centers. Harvard's Tommy Ayres and the Boston star Talbot.