Freshman Six Subdues Hebron Academy, 6-4

Yardlings Survive Outburst To Win Thirteenth Victory

Sporting a 5 to 0 lead at the end of two periods, the Yardling hockey team survived a strong Hebron. Academy thrust in the third stanza to account for its thirteenth victory, 6 to 4, yesterday evening at the Boston Skating Club.

Tommy Ayres was the only scorer in a listless first period. Early in the second stanza Captain Dick Mechem pulled the best stunt of the game, skating through the entire Hebron squad for the second score. Then Hebron's defense fell completely to pieces, and the Yardlings rang up three tallies in less than two minutes. Stan Collinson, Dick Whittington and Dave Farrell netted the puck in the Crimson spurt.

Hebron Bounces Back

Hebron, finally came to life in the last period and tallied three times in rapid order, with Mario Dedo shooting for two goals on long shots. Dick Whittington's second solo score interrupted the outburst, and another tally by the visitors ended the scoring.

Mechem's defensive play was out-standing for the Crimson, while Howey Gadboys, subbing for the ailing Gus Summers, at goal turned in an excellent performance.