ARMY FINANCE HAS STUDENT OPENINGS

Men Interested Asked to File Applications At Once

Students in college have the opportunity, in the next few days, to enlist in the Finance Department of the Army, A. James Casner, professor at the Law School and head of the Student Defense Service Committee, announced yesterday. This chance is very limited and immediate action by all men interested is advisable, he added.

The requirements are the regular army requirements for physical condition and a basic education in commercial subjects. It is not essential that one's college education should be completed but any person who has progressed sufficiently far to show adaptability to general commercial work is eligible.

Central Station in Indiana

Enlistments are made for the first station at the Finance School Center in Indiana with assignment to stations after completion of the basic training. The exact station where one will be located cannot be determined or guaranteed, but service will be within the Finance Department.

The Finance Department is charged with disbursing and accounting of the funds appropriated by Congress for the Army. It pays the salaries of all War Department personnel, military and civilian, and pays the amounts due for all army purchases. The Finance Department also audits the accounts of the various arms and services.

The enlistments now open in the Finance Department are for privates but the men in this Department have the same opportunities for advancement that are open to men who enlist in other departments of the Army. Anyone interested in this opportunity should communicate at once with Lt.-Col. George J. Place, 7 Willow Street, Lynn, Massachusetts.