COMPETITIONS FOR CRIMSON ON THURSDAY

Paper Seeks News, Photo, Business, Editorial Men

The portals of the Crimson Building on Plympton Street will open wide tomorrow night at 7:30 o'clock to Freshmen who long for journalistic, business, or photographic experience.

Positions are available on the Editorial Board to Sophomores who want practice in all-around writing of editorials, movie and play reviews, and columns.

Refreshments will be served at the initial meeting tomorrow, and prospective candidates are urged to drop around whether they have definitely decided to come out for honors or not.

Gain Practical Information

Working on a newspaper is one of the best known ways to gain general experience and information. A member of the CRIMSON, by the very nature of his work, becomes well-informed on all sorts of national and college subjects.

A news candidate has an opportunity to bring in features on Harvard life, interviews with professors and often with stage and screen stars who are appearing in Boston. He covers straight news and gets a chance to write up various sports in which he is interested. Perhaps the most valuable experience which a news editor gains is a sizable number of contacts with students and members of the Faculty.

One of the very important branches is the business board, in which the student learns all about the running of a complete business establishment; he further learns how to write advertising copy, the proper way to sell space, and often makes life-long acquaintances among heads of the various stores and firms in Greater Boston.

The photographic board provides a chance to learn the whole art and business of picture-making for a newspaper. No previous experience is needed by the candidate, who benefits by the use of a newly-streamlined darkroom with the best camera and enlarging equipment in College.

For those who like to vent their wrath or opinions on College and national topics, the editorial board offers a ready medium.