Hockey Team Elects Paine 1943 Captain

Starred on Crimson Teams for 3 Years

In a meeting of the lettermen held yesterday afternoon John A. Paine, Jr. '43 was elected captain of next year's team. At College Paine lives at 62 Mt., Auburn Street and his home is in West. Newton. He is a graduate of Noble and Greenough School.

Paine's father won his hockey letter in 120, 8 and 9, and Paine himself has been top name in Harvard hockey since his Freshman year. Paine yesterday stated that he expected to be here next winter, harring, of course, the draft board. He does not take Naval Science at any other course which would exempt his being called into service.

Freshman year Paine centered the first line, and in his first year on the Varsity he was the pivot man of the Sophomore third line. This winter be played every position except goal, and so has acquired more all-around experience than any other man on the squad.

At the beginning of the season he centered the first line, but after Midyears he moved out to one of the wing-posts on that trio, and then very recently Coach John Chase moved him back to defense, where