SOUTH AMERICAN APPROVAL OF GOOD NEIGHBOR PLAN SEEN

Guatemala Professor Here As Good Will Ambassador

Latin-Americans never disliked North Americans as a people, but did heartily abhor many of their policies, according to Dr. David Vila, professor of Ethnology at the University of Guatemala, newspaper man, and good-will ambassador sent by the Nelson Rockefeller Officer of Pan-American affairs.

Dr. Vila, who in on a four-month tour of the country, in now visiting here, where he spends most of his time in the Pea-body Museum. But he took time out to enjoy the boxing championships Friday night.

Interested in people and how they live he is having a look at the United States and will lecture and write a book of his impressions when he returns to his dative country. He is sending back articles for his paper at the rate of at least one a day, describing his doings in America.

During his stay in New York, Dr. Vila was impressed by the "great hurry" of everyone there. "It is so unlike us Latin-American," he said. "In my country there is nothing that can not be put off for a day. Writing a letter, studying, anything can wait."

Although he feels that language is a great barrier to continental solidarity, he feels sure that after the war we "should have cultural, and commercial relationships with each other." Dr. Vila, and, according to him, the South American people, believe that the Administration's policy of the "good neighbor" is one of real friendship and concrete benefit to both nations, rather than being merely a cloak for the imperialistic ambitions by the colossus of the north.

As for the war in the Pacific, he compares it to some of the boxers he was watching here on Friday. "Japan has been hitting hard, with everything, she has, but her arms will get tired. The picture will be very different a year from now."