DRUCKER WILL CAPTAIN NEXT YEAR'S SWIMMERS

Starred On Crimson Teams For Two Years

For two year's the Crimson's number are backstroker, William R. Drucker '43, of Willmette Illinois and Adams House, was elected captain of next coach. Swimming team at a meeting of the lettermen yesterday. Drucker, who is a graduate of the New Triar High School, succeeds Thomas B. Shrewshany '42, this year's captain.

Drucker won all but three of his races this year, losing his specialty only in the Dartmouth, Yale and Princeton meets, Drucker turned in a good showing in the Yale meet, he came in second in the 150 yard backstroke, losing only to White of Yale who is one of the best college backstrokers in the country.

Teamed with Curwen and Sceery, Drucker also swam against Yale in the 300 yard medley relay but lost to a championship Blue trio; teamed now with Buz Curwen and Johnny Eusden, Drucker is entered in the medley both for the Eastern Intercollegiates which are held at Yale this weekend, and for the National Intercollegiates which will be held here next week. Drucker finished second in the 150 yard backstroke in last year's Eastern Intercollegiates.

Concentrating in Bio-chemistry Drucker may enter the Medical School this summer. If he does, his case will be similar to Richard G. Harris who was elected this year's captain and then resigned the first of the year to enter the Business School.

William M. Gentry, '44, was chosen junior manager to succeed Herbert McMeekin, '42.