LEINSDORF TO SPEAK TODAY

Met Conductor Discusses German Opera On Network

The place of Wagnerian and other German music in the world today will be discussed by Erich Leinsdorf, leading Wagnerian conductor, over the Crimson Network at 4 o'clock today. Leinsdorf, who is in Boston to lead three of the Metropolitan's German productions this week, will also describe several of the works of the great 19th century master, including the famous "Ring" cycle.

Leinsdorf became the Met's leading German conductor in 1939, and has broadcast with the N. B. C. Orchestra and other musical groups as well as leading Wagnerian productions with the New York company. On various occasions he has stepped from his German role to conduct Italian and French opera.

Worked Under Waiter

Trained in Vienna, the maestro worked under both Bruno Walter and the great Toscanini, before being recommended to the Metropolitan in 1938. After a short period of adjustment, Leinsdorf emerged as a leading man in the company's staff, his versatility being complemented by his understanding and genius for Wagner.

The young conductor will appear over the Network to answer questions and outline the position that Wagner romanticism will take in modern musical annals.