BOSTON RACE HATE SCORED

Speaking at a symposium on native Fascist movements conducted here yesterday by the Harvard Teachers Union, Miss Frances Sweeney, Secretary of the Irish-American Defense Association, condemned the "violent racial hatred" of the Coughlinites and the Christian Front of Boston.

A well-known opponent of Fascist groups in this country, Miss Sweeney especially denounced the wide-spread practice of the Boston newspapers, who hush up the activities of the groups.

Anti-Semitism Charged

Charging the movement with pronounced anti-Semitism, she declared that it uses "the same language as the Nazis," and revealed that it was so powerful in Boston politics that she found great difficulty in finding anyone of importance to oppose it in public.

Organized on a national basis to combat fascism, the Defense Association is active in eight important cities, which have a large Irish population. In her speech, Miss Sweeney discussed with particular emphasis the mass meeting addressed by Father Curran last week, a meeting from which she was forcibly ejected.