Don Peddie Appointed Coach of Linksters

Three Lettermen Return To Bolster Golf Squad

D. Donald Peddie 1G.B., last year's number one man on the Crimson golf team, has been appointed to coach the squad for the current season, it was confirmed last night. Peddie replaces Clark Hodder, former hockey and golf mentor who submitted his resignation under fire early in the winter season.

Peddie will find an outfit which needs a bit of molding after vacation, when the linksters will commence formal practice on their home course, the Belmont Country Club. Three men were lost by graduation last June.

Macgowan Captains Squad

But all is not black. Captain Pete Macgowan, last year's number two, is back, and so are two good Juniors and a host of promising Sophomores. Lettermen Ned Tuckerman and Bill Allis will certainly represent the Crimson on the fair-ways, and Don Davis and Art Tarlow Sophomores who ranked first and second on last year's Yardling outfit, are outstanding candidates for the remaining posts.

Aside from the annual tourney at Worcester on April 24, in which two squads out of six will emerge from a 36-hole medal play competition, six formal matches are slated for the Crimson. Brown opens the season on April 18 on the home course and M. I. T. provides the opposition here on April 20.

May 2 finds Bowdoin on the card, and on the sixth and seventh the Crimson will tackle Boston College and Boston University. All these matches are at home. The linksmen wind up their campaign at New Haven on May 9, when they take on the Elis.