MacKinney, Peabody, Keith Win Marshal Posts in '42 Class Election

Ratify Constitution By Large Majority

Loren G. MacKinney, Endicott Peabody II, and Eugene D. Keith were chosen first, second, and third marshals, to head the list of eight officers picked in the two-day Senior balloting, the election committee announced last night.

The other class offices were won by John P. Bunker, treasurer; Richard B. Stedman, chorister; William C. Murphy, orator; Robert H. Coleman, odist; and Harry D. Feltenstein, poet.

Feltenstein succeeded Coles H. Phinizy, who led in the voting for poet, but who tendered his resignation late last night, on the grounds of "inability to write a good poem."

Constitution Ratified

The class constitution, slightly changed from that of previous years, was ratified by a vote of 348 to 100.

Recently elected president of the Student Council, MacKinney, of Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Eliot House, rolled up 298 votes to take the post of first marshal by a margin of 37. Varsity left end for three years, he made several All-American second teams as a Junior and Senior. He is chairman of the Eliot House Committee in his third year on it, was secretary of the Student Council for the first half year, and a former member of the Union Committee.

Peabody Second Marshal

All-American "Chub" Peabody, of Syracuse, New York, and Eliot, was swept into office, as second marshal with 261 votes. In addition to his gridiron activities, Peabody is Secretary of the Student Council and vice-president of the Varsity Club.

Although he will not be here in June, Keith, of Richmond, Kentucky, and 14 Sumner Road, polled 165 votes as third marshal. Retiring President of the Student Council, Keith was also Editorial Chairman of the CRIMSON, and a member of the Leverett House Committee until last fall. He was chairman of his Freshman Red Book.

John A. Holabird, Jr. and Peter Macgowan were runners-up in the election with 118 ballots and Harry Newman, Jr. was next with 96.

Bunker Chosen Treasurer

Treasurer of the Student Council, Bunker, of West Roxbury and Dunster, was chosen to take care of the class funds. He also serves as literary editor of the Senior Album and member of the House Committee. With 193 votes, he was far ahead of all other candidates, led by M. Greely Summers Jr who had 94.

Elected to the post of chorister with 174 ballots, Stedman, of Takoma Park, D.C., and Kirkland House, is president of the Glee Club in his fourth year on it. Murphy, of Aurora, Ill., and Lowell House, received 178 votes to become orator. A Senior Phi Beta Kappa, he has won the Coolidge Prize twice.