Crimson Racquetmen Face Unbeaten Blue Squad at New Haven Tomorrow

Yale Made Better Showing In Recent Intercollegiates

Having lost only one collegiate match during the current season, and that to Princeton, the Varsity squash team, rated a slight underdog, hopes to keep the rest of its slate clean when it meets a strong Blue squad at New Haven on Saturday.

Yale is undefeated, but has not tried its racquets against the unusually powerful Princeton team which defeated the Crimson. In the Intercollegiates last week at New Haven, the Blue aggregation got three men into the semi-finals, and one man, darkhorse Bill Couley, into the finals, while all the Harvard entrants were eliminated before the third round.

Felt Heads Squad

Gaelen Felt will head the team as usual, with Captain Hal "Stretch" Baker filling the number two position. Orme Wilson, Tom Sears, Bill Frothingham, John Flint, Tom Baker, Wally McDonald, and Aubrey Gould fill the other positions in that order.

Coach Barnaby's racquetmen started the season with great expectations, but four of the first five men were forced to drop out, and the team took some time to get over the jolt. In the league matches with the Boston clubs, the squad has shown great improvement lately, defeating teams by safe margins that they had lost to in the first half of the season.

Blue Lineup Uncertain

The Blue lineup is uncertain, following the surprising performance of Bill Couley, who had played number four, but who succeeded to the finals in the Intercollegiates with a smashing serve and a powerful drive.